Monday, September 17, 2012

Smoothies, yum!

I'm doing this diet thing, and well, I know the negative connotation associated with "diet" might immediately turn you off.  BUT WAIT, its good, I promise!

I am the first person to say, "I like food."  I actually LOVE food.  I love that events revolve around food.  I love good for me food, and bad for me food, equally.  But I don't love the added pounds.

I am also the first person to say, "I don't want to drink my meals."  I'm not into weight-loss shakes, or protein packed, meal-replacers.  I want to eat, ya'll!

Enter the smoothie. 

I have been making my own breakfast smoothies for 2 weeks.  The basic recipe goes like this:

1 cup of frozen fruit
1 cup of another frozen fruit
1 cup of fresh fruit (or frozen if you like it really thick and icy)
1/2 cup fat free, plain Greek yogurt - Oikos and Chobani are my favs.
1/2 cup fat free, plain, unsweetened Almond Milk
2 cups fresh spinach leaves

Blend well.  Yum!  Here are my favorite combinations:

(1) 
1 sliced banana, frozen
1 cup of frozen blueberries
1 cup of frozen strawberries
yogurt, almond milk, spinach, blend.

(2)
1 cubed peach, frozen
1 cup of fresh pineapple chucks, frozen
1 banana sliced, frozen
yogurt, almond milk, spinach, blend.  This one is tropical, for something different.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment