Nobody wants to get out of bed. Nobody wants to head to the school room. What to do??
Hot oatmeal, with a promise of hot chocolate after school time, was a great starting place for us this morning.
Next, I evaluated what do we really need to do, and what can we learn that isn't in the books?
Here's what we actually did today, and yep, it all counts!
- We cozied up on the couch while we read about groundwater for Science.
- The boys each read from their current readers.
- Thoughtful made a grocery list.
- I went over special sounds (digraphs) with Spunk.
- The boys worked on Thank-You-cards since they just had birthdays pass.
- We played Rummy, Scrabble, USA Bingo, and put together our USA puzzle.
- We looked up our new weekly memory verse, highlighted it, discussed it, and memorized it.
- They had a pull-up contest and practiced their Tae-Kwon-Do forms.
When I told the boys that all of this counted as "school" they grinned.
"But it was too fun and easy!"
Sweet! It's 12:24, and school is finished. Mission accomplished! I wonder how much more learning we'll squeeze in for the day?!?!?