Friday, July 6, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal, July 7, 2012



Yippee!  My first HSMJ post!

OK, so we aren't currently schooling, but I definitely have school on the brain, (even if my kiddos don't)!

In my life this week:  I've been sorting A LOT of thoughts to blog about sometime soon.  Thoughtful was at Winshape day camp everyday.  I highly recommend this camp if it is coming to your community.  My shy guy was way out of his comfort zone, and you know what?  He loved it!  He learned a lot about The Lord, and how to apply what he learned to his life, NOW!  This left me entertaining Spunk most days.  I've been working a lot too.

Places we're going:  I took Spunk to play with friends and swim, Plaster Palace, Dairy Queen, The Library, where we read books right there on the floor and didn't check out any, bowling, and window shopping.  We discovered that Target is starting to put out school supplies (giddy me right here).  Last night, I got out alone, ALONE PEOPLE, and had coffee with a friend.  This weekend, we'll go clothes shopping for the boys.
Spunk painting his second cowboy at Plaster Palace.
People we're seeing:  On The Fourth, we visited my Momma and Daddy.  My brother and sister-in-law, and the cutest baby niece ever were there.  We got to give her a belated birthday gift which she played with until they left.  Love her!!

My favorite thing this week:  Thoughtful getting home from camp everyday.  Being gone from 7:30-6 everyday is a lot for this Momma heart.  We simply aren't used to it.  He wasn't either.  Everyday, I was so excited for him to get home.

Oh, and the Peanut Butter Blast at Dairy Queen - yeah that's right up there with seeing Thoughtful.

What's working for us:  Um, not schooling!  Ha!  Letting the boys read whenever they want and whatever they want has proven successful.  Thoughtful isn't even reading a book this week.  He's been reading a National Geographic for Kids magazine, thank you Mother in law!

What's not working for us:  Our school room is in disarray.  I have stuff everywhere.  I'm trying to see what is going to work well for us this year and get that set up this weekend.

Things I'm working on:  The school room, chore charts, cash budgeting, and my planner.  Also, hopefully a little ministry in my future.  Praying on that one.

I'm readingInterrupted, by Jen Hatmaker (a nonfiction life changer here -don't say I didn't warn you).  And A Lineage of Grace, by Francine Rivers (its a group of 5 novellas).

I'm cooking:  anything in my crockpot - it is my best friend.  I'm getting ready for another big cooking day with make-ahead meals galore, and possibly a frozen casserole swap with friends.

I'm praying for:  God to show me who it is that He wants me to help.  He's lit a little bit a fire in me and its growing out of control.  More on this to come, I'm sure, but for now I'm praying. 

And a friend and sister-in-Christ, who is fighting breast cancer.  She's had a double mastectomy and had a port put in today for future chemotherapy treatments.  During this surgery, her lung was punctured.  Your prayers are very welcome here.

A quote to share:  It's scripture that is currently speaking to me:  Leviticus 19:18b, "...but you shall love your neighbor as yourself, I am the Lord."


I'm linking up to www.ihomeschoolnetwork.com  .

2 comments:

  1. I can imagine your momma heartstrings being pulled by those camp hours! I'm glad it was such a good experience. It sounds like you all had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be a mess when it comes to overnight camp!

      Delete