Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pollo Perfecto

We don't know much Spanish.
 
 Santa Fe Chicken and Rice, or
 Southwestern Something or Other
sound way to normal for our home.
 
Perfect Chicken became Pollo Perfecto!
 
 
"What's for dinner?" 
 
"I don't know, I didn't plan this week."

(Shudder)
 
Enter my beloved Crock Pot.
 
After a quick scan of the kitchen, and a FB friend's status asking for ideas, I came up with this:


"What's in it?"  (This is always the first question from my picky eaters.)
  • Frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast, I guess it was about a pound?  I don't, a normal sized package from Publix.
  • a small jar of salsa, any heat you like
  • a can of Rotel tomatoes, drained
  • about a cup and half to two cups of frozen sweet corn
  • a can of black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 cup of dry rice, already cooked (it was leftovers for us)
  • some cilantro, just put some in
  • sour cream and cheddar cheese, to top as you wish
How'd you do it?
  • throw in the chicken, still frozen
  • cover with salsa, Rotel tomatoes, and cilantro
  • cook on high for 5 or 6 hours.
  • shred chicken with 2 forks, still in the pot
  • dump corn, beans, and rice on top.  Cook for another hour
  • Mix well, serve it up with toppings, VOILA!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment