Monday, August 20, 2012

Menu Plan, August 20, 2012




Alrighty, y'all!  I'm a planner.  Yep, that means food too.  I've been known to plan a month's worth of dinners at a time.  I've seen people look at my calendar and laugh.  I never understand why.  Its good to be prepared right?

So here goes:

Monday: 
Breakfast:  Cereal and fruit (we usually sleep in late on Mondays so we need fast and easy.)
Lunch:  Hot dogs & fries
Supper:
We have Tae Kwon Do, right slap at supper time, 6:30-8 (usually 8:20 before we actually get out of there).  Early supper time with easy clean up = taco salads!

Tuesday:
Breakfast:  Waffles and sausage
Lunch:  We'll be at Jump Zone! for a party, so probably overpriced pizza.
Supper:  Baseball practice from 5:30 to 7:15-ish.  Since we'll be out most of the day, I've decided to use one of our pre-made freezer meals.  Chicken Alfredo Bowties, with broccoli and cauliflower on the side.  I'll stick it in the oven on low before we leave, and it'll be ready for us when we get home.

Wednesday: 
Breakfast:  Chicken tender biscuits.  We have co-op from 10-12, and last week we were hungry way earlier than lunch time.  So this week, I'll combat the grumbling tummies with a breakfast full of protein.
Lunch:  sandwiches at the park with friends after co-op
Supper:  meatloaf, green beans, ranchy potatoes

Thursday:
Breakfast:  fully-loaded oatmeal (bananas, walnuts, cranberries, apples, and brown sugar)
Lunch: sandwiches again, with fruit and veggies on the side
Supper:  This is the craziest night for us.  Thoughtful has baseball practice from 5:30-7:15.  Spunk has Tae Kwon Do from 6:30-8.  So, everyone gets a snack before we head out, then we get a pizza on our way home.

Friday:
Breakfast:  pancakes and bacon
Lunch:  cracker stackers (never store bought) & fruit
Supper:  Beef stoganoff in the crockpot and broccoli.  Even though we plan to be home all day, its my cleaning day.  The last thing that I want to do is prepare a big meal and clean up afterwards.

I can't wait to see what's on everyone else's menu for the week.  Bring me some new ideas!  I'm linking up to Orgjunki at http://orgjunkie.com/category/menu-plan-monday where you can find more menu ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment