Friday, August 17, 2012

Week Four, August 17, 2012


In my life this week:

We have just completed week four of this year's homeschool journey, and we're comfortably finding our groove.  We are up to all subjects now, and I have no complaints. 

Our local private and public schools resumed this week, so our sports activities were canceled.  This gave Momma a much needed break from the evening run-arounds.

Hubs was home a lot this week, giving us extra family time. 

I'm still coming back from the Great Computer Crash of 2012, our crisis of the year.  I'm still not so sure that computers make life easier.  Hubs completely hates them at this point.  I am doing all of his invoicing and client management for the time being.


Places we're going and people we're seeing:

The bowling alley, fishing in a friend's catfish pond, park time with friends, and swimming with even more friends.  What was that part about not running around so much?


We started co-op for the first time this week!  We had a blast, and can't wait to go back next week.  I'm so blessed to be a part of a wonderful group of like-minded families.  Here I am teaching one of our classes about the seven days of God's Creation.  These kiddos were G-R-E-A-T!!

My favorite thing this week:

A silent prayer lifted up in thanksgiving.  Last night, I had a moment of reflection on our lives as they currently stand.  I am pleased to say how thankful I am.  We have health when a friend is critically ill.  My children are comprehending more and more what is expected of them in the eyes of The Lord.  Thoughtful is showing love even when he'd rather not....sacrificing.  Spunk is willingly giving of his allowance to The Lord, over and above his 10%.  We have the basic necessities of life:  roof, clothes, food, and clean water.

Questions or thoughts I have:

We moved to a year round schooling schedule this year.  Our co-op is following a six weeks on, one week off rotation.  We are too, only we began three weeks earlier.  I was going to have us school until co-op has its first week off, but I'm starting to feel the desire.....  I could really use that week off sooner.  I'm still not sure what we'll do.

Things I'm working on:

Scrapbooking!!!  I'm hoping to crop the boys' portfolios this year.  And maybe, just maybe, I can start on those tonight!

I'm reading:

Absolutely nothing.  <SHUDDER>  With computer backups, system rebuilding, catching up with work, school, and co-op planning, I've had zero time for pleasure reading.

I'm praying about:

I have this sweet friend, and I love her family like my own.  Her husband is my husband's best friend.  He is currently in remission with lymphoma.  Its been a tough battle in itself, but after 3 years of treatment and finally a bone marrow transplant, he's been cancer-free for a while.  His prognosis is very good.

Her mother was just diagnosed with lymphoma.  This is gut-wrenching.  We are praying for her without end.  She sees her doctor today for results from all of her most recent tests, and to hopefully get a course of treatment.  Hearing my Spunk pray for his best friend's Grammy puts tears in our eyes.

A photo, link, or quote to share:
Spunk's Flat Stanley went fishing with Gramom and Pop last weekend!  Here he is taking a dip at Gator Hole, in Crystal River, FL.
 

This week, I'm linking up to
The Homeschool Mother's Journal, at www.ihomeschoolnetwork.com

and Weekly Wrapup at http://www.weirdunsocializedhomeschoolers.com

2 comments:

  1. Love the flat stanley! Looks like a fun co-op. Ours will start up soon, and I'm looking forward to everything getting rolling. We have already started our schooling as well though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! It feels so good to be back in to the swing of the school year.

      Delete