In this season, I haven't been blogging. I've been enjoying my family instead of being worried about taking pictures at every turn of our days to add to a scrapbook or blog post.
In this season, we've had little family time in the evenings, but we are so proud of Hubs for venturing out to learn a new trade as he switches career paths.
In this season, I have had less sleep but more work (at home).
In this season, we've gotten "behind" in our Science and History in our school, but we are enjoying our relaxed days together oh so much more.
In this season, we've reminisced about the boys' younger days, as we've watched them grow another year older.
And in this season, we are counting our blessings. THIS, right now, happens to be my favorite season. Autumn is beautiful, even in Florida, where few trees have changing leaves, the weather is simply gorgeous! I love all things pumpkin and spice, reading on the front porch, chili for supper, breezy afternoons in the hammock with my giggly family, windows open, school at the park, and listing those things for which we are thankful.
Right now, I'm enjoying the tiniest of moments. I have those bittersweet feelings of watching our children grow, looking back and ahead all at the same time.
My top five "things" to be thankful for are:
1. Jesus Christ, my Lord, my Savior, my healer, my Redeemer, the Great I Am. His un-ending love, mercy, and strength flow freely to me. I am so undeserving, but He has named me an heir to His kingdom. Oh, how He loves me........how He loves me so......
2. Hubs. I've known him for half of my life, which means he has put up with me through so much. We've watched each other grow, and he's continued to love me through the trials of life. I pray that I can be the helper he needs to push ahead stronger than ever.
3. Thoughtful. He is the sweetest kid!!! He, of course, has his moments as a human being, but he truly has a kind, tender heart. I will always see him as my baby. He wears his heart on his sleeve, and I pray that I can lead him gently, with the patience he deserves.
4. Spunk. My silly boy brings such joy to our lives. He knows how to brighten any one's day, and takes great measures to help when he can. He's clever and intuitive and has no fear. I love that he'll try anything once.
5. My parents. Their role in my life can't be explained in a quick statement here. But their marriage is an honorable example of commitment for 30+ years. Have they always liked each other? Most likely not. Have they always LOVED each other - a resounding ABSOLUTELY! I am blessed to call them Mom and Dad.
And just like that, I see that my top five "things" aren't things at all, but people (and the Holy Spirit). They constantly shape me and mould me into who I am and who I will be. Ecclesiastes 3:1 says that for everything there is a season...and I'm thankful to have all of these folks throughout the seasons of life.